The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 allows for the building owner to carry out alterations to a party wall or build new foundations close to an existing building; as long as the adjoining owner is correctly notified and works agreed, and that any damage caused by the work is repaired.
As members of the RICS and Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors, we can give advice to both building and adjoining owners implementing or affected by party wall matters including:
- Issue and receipt of notices
- Preparation of, or comment upon, relevant building proposals
- Inspecting for, and agreeing, Schedules of Condition
- Preparation and negotiation of Awards
- Inspecting affected buildings and implementing awarded agreements as required
We have been appointed by building owners and adjoining owners in Westminster (Mayfair, Belgravia etc.), Camden, Islington and other London Boroughs.